Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bubba Doo

Shock
Sadness
Utter disbelief.
I cannot believe that Bubba is gone. He was absolutely fine all day- barking and playing. Eating and drinking. Then in the middle of the night he got sick. Then he seemed okay. A few hours later I heard a sound and went to check on him- I knew he wasn't Okay. I called for tj- told him bubba was bad and had to go to the vet. But within minutes he was peacefully gone. It didn't seem to suffer at all thankfully. I still can't believe our Bubba is gone.  

For the last 12 years he has been the most ornery, scrappy and amazing dog.
I often joked that TJ and Wy loved him more than they loved the rest of us because bubba always got their first and last kisses.
Bubba was a happy dog.
Always greeting everyone with a bubba smile and what we swear sounded like a bubba hello. 
He sat in the window on top of the couch and howled at passers by.
He ate whatever food he could reach from your plate and even after being yelled at always went back for more.
He put up with Wyatt's constant touching and playing with his face, which I am sure got him on the fast track to Heaven.
He was always willing to snuggle and never hesitated to steal your blankets.
He was in the middle of everything with his tail wagging along.
He was my everyday companion for days of our lives. He has been through every good day and bad day with us.
He has been a part of our family before we were even a family . It broke my heart to watch TJ carry him out tonight. A man broken by his grief. Bubba was not just a dog- he was our family.
He was cherished each day on this Earth and he will be forever missed and remembered.
Please keep us in your prayers- especially the kids. They have dealt with so much loss with Meechie and now with Bubba. I don't even know how to begin to help them with this. They both woke up about 3:00 a.m. They are heartbroken. Anna keeps saying she wants him back. I wish I could make this better, but I can't.
I do know we need all of the prayers we can get. For strength, peace and happy memories of the #bestdogever 

No comments:

Post a Comment