Thursday, September 3, 2015

One of Ohio's finest....officially:)

A few months ago Anna was able to donate a truckload of items to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. We were so excited to watch her not only meet, but exceed her goals.  She was in the paper and on the news! Such a big deal for this little girl who really just wanted to help the kids in the hospital! 
In case you missed this part of the story, here is the link to her Challenge Story.

We hadn't thought much about this until last week when a large envelope came for Anna in the mail.  It was an award from the Ohio House of Representatives. 

As I read through the wording I had tears in my eyes ...

I knew right away that although it would mean a lot to her, it would mean more to receive it at school.  I called Mr. Conners and he was so wonderful to not only allow me to pick a day and time, but he also orchestrated the entire thing.  
This morning, in front of the entire 4th grade, she received her award.
  She had no idea why they were in the multi purpose room and was completely surprised! Mr. Conners gave a wonderful speech and brought Anna up to receive her award. 

We are all so proud of our Peanut!

 Daddy, Grandma and Papa, Sissy and Miss Emily were there to be a part of it and document this experience for her too. 


So thankful for my little philanthropist and that she was recognized for her hard work! 



I can't even begin to describe the range of emotions I am feeling this weekend, as it is the anniversary of my brother's death, from the very disease that loomed over Anna as she was in the hospital.  I know her angels were looking out for her and the doctors who saved her life.


If you want to look back on Anna's Story ...  here is the link.  So incredibly thankful and so very blessed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment