Thursday, January 16, 2014

Footprints

Every once in awhile sharing your story introduces you to people. There is a woman who found my blog and contacted me. She has a website that makes memorial Jewelry and she asked if she could make me a piece. 
I am so excited to be working with her and just in the small experience I have had with her I can feel the compassion behind her work. 
I was trying to find a few pictures and footprints to send her and what I would like to do for the piece.  I told her something I have rarely ever said out loud- or in writing. I told her that I wanted both of my babies included. That I have pictures of Connor and not of Emma. That I feel guilty that I didn't see Emma and that I don't have pictures of her. That thinking of doing a piece of jewelry for one and not the other made me sad. To think of having a pendant with one of them represented on each side made me nervous- because I wouldn't want one of them to be face down, hidden against my chest. After numerous emails she was so helpful and told me that she would surprise me. This is a gift in itself. Taking the choices out of it for me. 
In my search for pictures I was looking through Connor's scrapbook. Something I rarely look at. I found his footprints and handprints. I needed a picture to send so I pulled the page out so carefully not to smudge them. As I looked at them before I photographed them I couldn't believe how much i had forgotten. The length of his toes and the high arch in his foot.

 I thought about how his foot had been in that spot. His skin had been there. 
I put them away as carefully as I got them out- yet I noticed a spot on my hand. My hand had a little of his footprint on it. Closest thing I have had to touching my son in the past 4 1/2 years. 
These are the little things that make me smile. I went upstairs and showed Tj and the kids. Anna asked how it happened wanting to know the actual process. Wyatt just said - "how did he get that on your hand from his foot when he is in Heaven". I don't know how exactly it happened, but I will take it as a little angel kiss. 

Looking forward to seeing what she has in store for me. Here is the link to her website http://www.evrmemories.com/Photo-Engraved-Jewelry-s/172.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment