Thursday, November 14, 2013

Faith

Of all the things I won't try to understand Cancer is one of them. Childhood Cancer is one of my biggest fears and a thought that creeps in and out of my mind with every bump, bruise and fever. Keeping your faith through this horrible thing would take an immense amount of faith. Keeping your faith while dealing with it for 12 years takes enough faith that you become an inspiration to those around you. This morning I was able to sit with a teacher, a fighter, a beautiful girl who has been to Heaven and back. As she awaits her final trip home she is able to be with her family. Before I sat and read to her I told her about Emma and Connor. I told her that I knew what a wonderful teacher she is and what a wonderful mother she would have made. I asked her if when she got to Heaven she could find Emma and Connor. If she could hold them for me. I promised that I will be here to hold her mother when she needs it too. To see this young woman who has spent most of her life battling cancer. This young woman who has taught those around her, provided love and knowledge. This young woman who has been fighting and in pain, is peaceful. Watching her mother whose life is devoted to her children- besides a hug and a prayer what is there to do? 
There are many people out there who have faith. I consider myself one of them. I attend church. I say my prayers. I make sure my children are aware of God and Heaven. We pray as a family. We speak of God often - 1/3 of our family lives in Heaven- so of course this is a huge part of our life too. 
 After witnessing this mother and daughter today. Hearing her words through her mother's stories. Having heard firsthand before she was too sick to speak. If I ever need a reminder of what faith is. What trust in God is. What let go and let God means- this family will be my reminder. In the coming hours and days I pray that there is no physical pain and that the peace that passes understanding fills their home. 

Revelation 21:3-4 

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”


No comments:

Post a Comment