Monday, April 21, 2014

Jaded

8 diapers a day
Wipes
Lotion
Hair lotion
Hair treatment 
Hair ties
Special shampoo
Onesies
Socks 
Shoes
Clothes
Jammies
Toys 
Books
Snacks
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Laundry
24 hour care
Visitations twice a week
To and from 
Providing for
Caring 
Loving
Changing diapers
Rocking in the middle of the night
Bathing
Teaching

This is just the beginning of what a foster parent provides. All I ask for is that someone tell me what the hell is going on.

 Don't leave me out. 

 Don't act like I am a pain. 

I know you are busy- so am I. 

I am the one caring for a child who isn't even mine. 

I am the one who wakes when he cries after a visit with a virtual stranger he hasn't seen in more than half his life. 

I am the one who watches my children fall in love with him and him fall in love with them. 

I am the one who sees him thrive and grow and learn in my home. 

I have spent the last 13 weeks changing my entire life for this child- 

Yet I am treated like the enemy. 

I am treated like a pain in the butt who has done something wrong. 

I am not the problem- 
I am not the criminal- 
I am not the issue- 
This is not okay- 

I pray that something gives soon because no matter how sweet the baby is that is sleeping above me
 this experience is why they don't have any foster parents. 

This is what is wrong with the system 
I am a bleeding heart- a volunteer- a foster parent - and now I am jaded.



No comments:

Post a Comment