Tuesday, August 20, 2013

two big kids....

School starts tomorrow.
 Somehow I have a second grader and a kindergartner already.
 Somehow my babies are grown up kids in elementary school classes.

  I am so excited for them.  So excited for the school year.  They are both in great classes, with amazing teachers in a school that I absolutely love.  But, tonight I am a little sad.  It has been an amazing summer.  We have really gotten to enjoy each other and our time together.  As much as I know they need school and that they will love it.  I will miss them! I am so happy that I can be involved in the school and in the district, which brings me a little closer to them, when they are off and busy. I am looking forward to seeing them grow, meet new friends and learn new things.
 I am so anxious and excited at the same time for Wyatt.  It is a big deal for him. A new school, everyday - away from Mom.  I am so proud of the bond that we have created over the past 3 1/2 years, but it also makes me worry he will be upset when I leave.  I know that he will be fine and be over it soon, but I hate to see the look in his eyes when I am leaving.  He has been left before and I never want him to feel like I am not coming back.  I think once he gets used to the daily routine he will be fine.  Here is to hoping he really surprises me and marches in the room tomorrow and sits happily in his seat.  Either way, I know he is in excellent hands. 
Who knows what this school year will bring.
 I thought for sure that by the time we sent Wy off to Kindergarten we would have another little at home.  That may be a little of the reason why I am feeling sad about the school year starting.  This isn't the first time I have dropped my baby at school and come home to where there should have been another.  This time it is much different, but the emptiness the same.  So I guess I will get my house ready for our home study.  Set up a few visits while the kids are at school.  Clean the house a little better and put the toys in Wy's room back into the bins where they belong.  I will volunteer in their classes and work my PTA butt as hard as I can. I know this year is going to be a good one.
  Before bed tonight as I kissed Anna she asked me if I was excited for her to start school.  I told her I am super excited and I know she is going to have an awesome year.  I know they both are. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah. I don't know you at all other than having bought some little red dress shoes from you on that resale site (even though they are still way too big for my daughter) because they were just so cute! I just wanted to comment and let you know that we, too, are waiting to start our home study in the adoption process. Homestudy paperwork in... Just waiting on the social worker to call. If you would like to connect at all and commiserate during this anxious but exciting time, fee free to message me on Facebook. I hope things go great tomorrow for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete