Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Megan's Mom

It is amazing sometimes- tj even said of all of the people at walt Disney world, on all of the buses - I would sit next to her. A woman holding a balloon with messages written all over it. Of course I asked if she was sending it to Heaven. She looked at me and through tears said yes. Her daughter had died. I told her that we had lost two babies at birth and asked her about her daughter. She told me that Megan was almost 2 when she died in her sleep- 6 weeks ago. They have no idea what happened. Her twin brother was sitting on the bus with dad. She pointed him out to me and the older kids in their family. They had planned the trip much earlier- never expecting to go without her. As I sat on the bus I hugged her and told her how sorry I was. She told me how no one understands like someone who has experienced loss- I agreed. I told her I would pray for her and always remember Megan. As we got off the bus we went separate ways. Then we decided to go get a drink at the gift shop- who was standing at the entrance but Megan's family- I felt compelled to hug her again and she seemed happy to see me again too. Before I left I gave her my name and number and told her if she ever needed to talk - even though we were almost complete strangers to call me. We are staying in the same resort- so I am guessing I may see her again- maybe not. But, either way I will never forget her. Tj says this was not a coincidence - maybe she needed someone at that moment and I was there- seems God knew that I would understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment