Thursday, July 19, 2012

Saving a World...

I have been following my cousin's blog closely for the past few years and even more this month.  After adopting 4 children from overseas over the past 8 years they are now hosting a child from Eastern Europe for the Summer.  I am so glad that she has her blog to share their journey.  Even though we live relatively close we really don't see much of each other.  Having 4 kids in activities, the youngest one having special needs, seems to keep a busy family life!
Even with that they made the choice to host a 12 year old for a month this summer.  I can't imagine what has gone through this kids mind, but I am guessing it is kind of like when a child goes into a foster home of a family with much more than they are used to.  This boy lives in a home with other boys in the Ukraine.  He has never had a family.  He has never had to follow the rules or the path, the boundaries or the routines that come with it.  It has been 3 weeks now. My cousin has openly expressed the good and the bad and the God that has come with this experience. I have been leaving little comments and praying as I might, but I really think what they are doing is amazing! My husband often tells me I "can't save the world" and I know they have been told the same thing.  But, the truth is in each child who is given a new life, a new experience, a new hope to go on, you are saving their world.
No matter what happens when this little guy leaves to go "home" he will have felt love.  He will know that people are out there that care and that he is not alone in life.  

Here is the link to her latest post.

www.suzmakes6.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment