Sunday, February 20, 2011

Disney on The Brain


I was recently approached with the question, "Why is Disney special to your family". When I asked the kids and T.J. we initially talked about all of our favorite shows and our favorite parts of Disney World. It is taking a few days to look around my own world that I have realized Disney is so much more a part of our family. It is true that this is the channel we have on while we eat dinner as a family. We can all laugh at Good Luck Charlie and Phineas and Ferb. We share inside jokes with a 2 and 5 year old from things that were said that make us giggle. We snuggle up and watch Toy Story or the new favorite Wall E and read the Disney books. I have to admit that Wy has more than a love for Toy Story 2. It is his favorite thing to watch and he would watch it over and over and over again. Luckily we all love it, so we don't mind! We own many Disney Dress ups, belong to the Disney Movie Club, have bought all of the books from the Disney Book Club, go on Disney Vacations, have Disney shoes, socks, clothes, jammies, underwear and bath bubbles. We have rugs, tables, chairs, outside toys, sippy cups, plates, bowls and even foods that are Disney! I even have a little Dr. Doofenschmirtz and Perry the Platypus on my window over my sink in the kitchen. I hadn't really realized how much a part of our lives Disney is. I have come to the conclusion that the reason for this is simple. No matter what the age of the child, whether it be 2 or 32 in our family, these things make us happy. At the end of the day that is what is important. That we are together and that we are happy, just so happens everything Disney makes it a little easier to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment