Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Syd the kid

Today is a very special day.  Today Syd turns 4.  It is hard to believe she is 4 years old now.  It is hard to imagine life before her.  I am so thankful for the relationship I have with her and how she has helped me to move forward.  Being born into a family who was still struck with such grief only 6 weeks after losing Connor.  She had some big shoes to fill. She has not only filled them, but overflowed them.  She has brought joy and orneriness from the moment we met her.  At 4 years old she is gutsy one minute and scared to death of a fly the next.  She will hug you and love you and smack you in the same breath.  She is smart and funny and finally one of my sister's kids who has a fun little speech "twang". I am so lucky to have such an awesome little person in my life- and even more lucky to have her in a daily dose!  As I looked back at a blog I wrote 2 years ago I realized I said much of what I feel about her then...so I am going to post a few of my favorite pics and the link back to that post.

Happy Birthday Syd The Kid~





http://emmandconnorpoems.blogspot.com/2011/06/sydney-lou-who.html


No comments:

Post a Comment