Thursday, February 2, 2012

Snuggle Boy

For the past few weeks Wyatt has been coming in to snuggle in the middle of the night. I would have thought I would have never allowed this. When Anna was a baby, toddler and even now I never allowed her in our bed. I would go to her room and snuggle, rock or console her, but never brought her into our room. Even now if she needs me, she calls me, she doesn't come into our room. Wyatt on the other hand will stand right by my head and say "Mommy, you snuggle me". The first time I pulled him under the covers beside me he snuggled so nicely and fell right asleep. I put him back in his bed a little while later and he slept until morning. After a few nights, each time he woke up in the middle of the night he did the same thing.
I am not sure if it is the post - Austin's death mother that I have become, or the fact that I am not sure that Wyatt was snuggled or consoled as an infant, but I look forward to hearing his little voice. His sister is like an octupus in bed. Her arms and legs wind up everywhere, I have actually woken up with her big toe in my nose once. Wy on the other hand is a still, sweet sleeper. It has been a nice little time for us to enjoy the quiet snuggle, even at 2 am.
I had thought about telling him no, or to go back to his bed. But, I am not sure how much longer these little things will last. After Austin died I remember talking to his Mom about these little things. So many times they go unappreciated, not by this mommy. I am going to soak it up as long as I can. Who would have thought all of my "rules" I had laid out for myself as a parent could be made a little better by my snuggleboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment