Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28.......

Three years ago today, should have been my due date with Emma. In everything that I have done to help myself heal over the past 3 1/2 years this is still a day that stings. I guess I have learned alot about myself, about life, about being a parent over these 3 years. Still I think that Emma has taught me the biggest lessons about love. I love you sweet Emma Jean. This day 3 years ago was the day when I think I started to heal. Today I thought I would post a poem I wrote for her on that day....


Here we are
we have made it to this day
a few months ago
I thought
it would never come
yet here we are
you in your place
in Heaven
me in my place
on Earth
I held you
for awhile in my body
I will hold you
forever in my heart
regardless of how
mommy wants it to be
no matter how much it hurts
this is it
this is where we are

2 comments: